Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by aidy lewis <ai...@googlemail.com> on 2007/06/15 15:12:32 UTC

beanshell examples

Hi,

Has anybody got any examples of using beanshell scripting within JMeter please?

Aidy

Re: beanshell examples

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.
I have this in a BeanShell Preporcessor:

// set up some vars for substitution on queries
int studentId = 100000+Integer.parseInt("${__threadNum}"); // offset
students enough

java.util.Random r = new java.util.Random();
int classId = r.nextInt(250000)+100000;

// substitute vars in queries
vars.put("query", vars.get("query").replace("~studentId~",
""+studentId));
vars.put("query", vars.get("query").replace("~classId~", ""+classId));
vars.put("query", vars.get("query").replace("~groupId~", ""+classId));

I have this in the condition of an If Controller:

${__BeanShell(!"<EOF>".equals("${query}"))}

this in another if:

${__BeanShell("${query}".trim().startsWith("-- end of page "))}

This as the query type of a JDBC Request:

${__BeanShell("${query}".trim().toUpperCase().startsWith("SELECT") ?
"Select Statement" : "Update Statement")}

Hope this helps...

Re: beanshell examples

Posted by bhagwan Sahai <bh...@prathamsoftware.com>.
hi

How can we do System Monitoring with SNMP using JMeter
Posted by Knut Borchart <kb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: beanshell examples

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
BTW, JMeter includes the BSF Sampler, which can run groovy.

S.

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
[Try sending again, last attempt failed with DNS error]

Does the mail test button work?

There is no script; it's just a question of using the correct values
in the address and SMTP host fields.

However, if you provide incorrect detaIls, you should see an error in
jmeter.log when the failure limit is reached.

I'll send you a sample JMX privately.

RE: Mail Visualizer

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/08/07, David Schulberg <Da...@objectconsulting.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have checked out using a Beanshell Assertion. With it I can check the Response Data and if the response is not OK I can set 'Failure = true' but that does nothing for my Mail Visualiser.

The failure count does not get updated, but it will still send the
e-mail if required.

> So what do you mean by saying I can 'mark the response as failed'?

If an Assertion fails, then it marks the response as failed.

RE: Mail Visualizer

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: Mail Visualizer

RE: Mail Visualizer

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: Mail Visualizer

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mail Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: Mail Visualizer

Mail Visualizer

Posted by David Schulberg <Da...@objectconsulting.com.au>.
Hi All,

Re: beanshell examples

Re: beanshell examples

Posted by aidy lewis <ai...@googlemail.com>.
On 15/06/07, Matthew Coventon <ma...@iseinc.biz> wrote:
> Do you have a particular need or issue you want to resolve with beanshell?
> We use it for a variety of things, but it would be easier to help you out if
> I knew some more specifics.

I have downloaded the beanshell jar and added it to my JMeter\lib
folder. I just wanted to try something out to see if it works at
first, but I would be interested in using conditional logic depending
on server responses.

Cheers

Aidy

RE: beanshell examples