Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shoaib Gauhar <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/28 06:50:03 UTC

Upgradation problem from 2.0.8 to 2.1.0

Hello,

I have been using version 2.0.8 for the last couple of months. It was running quite fine. But, now, i need to upgrade it to 2.1.0. I have downloaded the struts-2.1 ZIP file from http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.0/

I only replaced freemarker,xwork and struts-2-core jar from the downloaded zip file. But it didnt work. So, i copied all of the jar files and then checked but it failed again and gave the same error.

"SEVERE: Error filterStart
SEVERE: Context [/library] startup failed due to previous errors"

(/library is my projects path.)

The surprising thing is that the blank application which i downloaded from the same URL is working fine so it must be something wrong with my settings but somehow i have been unable to track it down. That is why i need your help. My application also runs with struts 2.0.11 version perfectly.

Regards,
Shoaib Ahmad

Re: Upgradation problem from 2.0.8 to 2.1.0

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.

Shoaib Gauhar wrote:

> "SEVERE: Error filterStart
> SEVERE: Context [/library] startup failed due to previous errors"
>
> (/library is my projects path.)

Well, one of your listeners couldn't start. Check your logs (and if
necessary, increase the log level to debug) for a clue on which filter
didn't start and why (on a side note: I really don't understand why they
don't just print out a stacktrace or at least a better error message instead
of this dumb 'blah couldn't start'. Well, duh.)

- Phil