Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by liran <li...@singnet.com.sg> on 2003/05/09 11:59:13 UTC

Enquiry

Hi,
I'm just a new user for tomcat, after installation and starting of tomcat, I'm able to see tomcat home page, but when I tried to access Tomcat Administratio and Tomcat Manager, system asked me for user name and password, understand that the admin user name is role1 or tomcat, password is tomcat, but after keyed in, system kicked me out, some error message appeared says "HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied", appreciate if you can let me know anything wrong with my tomcat setup.
I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
Li Ran

RE: Enquiry

Posted by Asif Jan <as...@cern.ch>.
you shall edit
tomcat-users.xml file in conf dir of tomcat installation and do one of the
following

Edit some entry say
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
and incluse manager/admin as a role
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager"/>

or add a new user entry

<user username="xyz" password="xyz" roles="tomcat,manager,admin"/>

hope this helps

asif