Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> on 2012/09/13 12:15:16 UTC

OWL API in Maven Central

Hi,

the OWL API finally made it to Maven Central. check
net.sourceforge.owlapi:owlapi-*

However it's versions 3.3 onwards, and the latest HermiT is compatible
with OWL API 3.2.2. I tried it with the version on Maven but it did not
work (reasoning unit tests failed).

I would propose to wait until there's a compatible OWL 2 reasoner, and
then replace the artifacts in org.apache.stanbol.commons.owl wdyt?

Best,
Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I will check to use the existing apache-stanbol-0.9.0-incubating-deps package
[1] to be used instead of having the embedded repo.

[1] http://stanbol.apache.org/downloads/releases.html

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
On 01/03/2013 07:31 PM, Rupert Westenthaler wrote:
> I think commons.owl is the correct module to embed them. Just make
> sure to use "<_exportcontents>" instead of "<Export-Package>" for
> packages exported from embedded jar files. Also make sure that you add
> the correct "version" tags to exported packages.

Yep, commons.owl was already using <_exportcontents> to preserve the old
owlapi jar. I've updated it to reference the maven modules. I've also
set the version tags to a value set for new parameter "owlapi-version"
in the parent.

Now I've removed the repository and upgraded to 3.3, also closed
STANBOL-265 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-265> and
STANBOL-626. <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-626>

Alessandro

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
> I expect some integration tests to fail, because we'll need to embed many
> additional OWL API packages: those two artifacts are enough for compiling,
> but I'm afraid we're going to need a lot more for the ontologymanager to
> work in the launcher, unless there is some readily available OSGi bundle for
> the OWL API and its bindings. If not, is it OK if I use the commons.owl
> bundle for embedding them?

I think commons.owl is the correct module to embed them. Just make
sure to use "<_exportcontents>" instead of "<Export-Package>" for
packages exported from embedded jar files. Also make sure that you add
the correct "version" tags to exported packages.

best
Rupert

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi,

On 01/03/2013 07:51 AM, Fabian Christ wrote:
>> btw it's eating a lot more than before: 1.5g heap and 256m permgen was no
>> longer enough when I tried it on a virtualised Linux.
> Yes, it is because of the new security components introduced by Reto. They
> are activated in the full launcher by default. Maybe you need your own
> launcher configuration if you do not want this.

Actually it is the _build_ that's eating that much, goes out of memory
long before reaching the launchers. I needed at least -Xmx2g and
-XX:MaxPermSize=384m to get it to compile.

At any rate, I've tried the OWL API 3.3 dependencies instead of 3.4.2,
like this:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>net.sourceforge.owlapi</groupId>
       <artifactId>owlapi-api</artifactId>
       <version>3.3</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>net.sourceforge.owlapi</groupId>
       <artifactId>owlapi-apibinding</artifactId>
       <version>3.3</version>
     </dependency>

It managed to build and test fine on me under this environment:

Apache Maven 3.0.4
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java version: 1.6.0_24, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-i386/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.2.0-35-generic", arch: "i386", family: "unix"

BUT so far I've only tried commons.owl and the ontologymanager reactor.
Now I'm rebuilding the whole Stanbol. I'll keep you updated.

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
2013/1/2 <ad...@cs.unibo.it>

> btw it's eating a lot more than before: 1.5g heap and 256m permgen was no
> longer enough when I tried it on a virtualised Linux.

Yes, it is because of the new security components introduced by Reto. They
are activated in the full launcher by default. Maybe you need your own
launcher configuration if you do not want this.

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by ad...@cs.unibo.it.
I just returned able to compile Stanbol. Let me give it a try like tomorrow.

Re: OWL API in Maven Central

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

--