Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pascal Thivent <pa...@thivent.name> on 2009/10/11 21:51:36 UTC

archetype:generate and the `goals` optional parameter

I'm wondering why `mvn archetype:generate` has an optional `-Dgoals`
parameter. I understand how to use this parameter but... do you have any
idea of a real use case for it ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Pascal

Re: archetype:generate and the `goals` optional parameter

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
On 2009-10-11, at 12:51 PM, Pascal Thivent wrote:

> I'm wondering why `mvn archetype:generate` has an optional `-Dgoals`
> parameter. I understand how to use this parameter but... do you have
> any
> idea of a real use case for it ?

The case at the time was a user asking to perform some one time
operations like eclipse:eclipse. Whether this is actually useful is
another story, but really to account for one time operations that
could be taken care of as part of the generation so that it didn't
have to be documented.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Pascal