Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/14 15:03:42 UTC

Kafka client 2.7.1 missing JaasUtils.isZkSecurityEnabled() method

Hello,

When upgrading from Kafka client 2.4.0 our dependencies to Kafka
client 2.7.1, we noticed that JaasUtils.isZkSecurityEnabled() method
no longer exists.

Is there an equivalent method in Kafka client 2.7.1 which could use instead ?

Kind regards,
Alexandre

Re: Kafka client 2.7.1 missing JaasUtils.isZkSecurityEnabled() method

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexandre
Yes, you're right. We renamed the `isZkSecurityEnabled` method name into
`isZkSaslEnabled`, because it checked sasl config only. You can check here
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/8003/files#diff-b4a6f0fac75f1a6c08688993ab662ce93a80794603fed0fbb61f3b50cc0c175bR52>
.

If you want to check TLS configuration, you can check here
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/8003/files#diff-3638ff970bc6766f9e570f76a6440966930b990af33e53e5b3db9d65f90264e9R388>
and here
<https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/core/src/main/scala/kafka/server/KafkaConfig.scala#L357>,
basically it just check the tls is enabled and client socket/keystore is
set.

Thank you.
Luke