Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@dingle.myra.com> on 2001/06/04 19:34:14 UTC

Re: [C2] assigning a stylesheet to document without sitemap?

On Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:12:07 +0200, =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=F6tz_Botterweck?= wrote:

>For C2 the setting which transformation/serializer is applied to a
>certain document is controlled by the sitemap.
>
>What is a good way to use this in a scenario, where several
>non-admin-users will be creating xml-documents and xsl-stylesheets.
>
>Or to put it another way: How can I give my users control about which
>stylesheets are applied to their docs without giving them full access to
>the sitemap?

I used the sub-sitemap stuff to do this ... This was purely
playing around to see if I could do (trying to learn the sitemap
bits).

CAVEAT

  I believe there are security concerns here since
  end-users now have full control over their own
  sitemaps and can write their own XSPs and use
  existing connection pools defined in the cocoon.xconf.

  Not sure how much of a concern this is, but I
  don't feel "quite right" about it ...

Here's what I put into the main webapp/cocoon/sitemap.xmap

  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match type="regexp"  pattern="^~([^/]*)">
    <map:mount uri-prefix="~{1}" src="/home/{1}/public_xml/"
                check-reload="yes"/>
   </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

In each user's ~/public_xml/ directory, a sitemap.xmap file is
created there and their own stylesheets defined etc.

URLs for each user's home directory is then

  http://localhost/cocoon/~user/...

The "..." is handled by the sitemap.xmap in the end-users sitemap.xmap
file.

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"A fast swimmer keeps no pets."