Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/30 22:18:09 UTC

Phoenix 4.0.1

All,

I've just checked in the Phoenix 4.0.1 version.  It resolves the logging
bug (all log entries go to a single file) that was introduced in the
Phoenix 4.0 release version.

I've been building and running with this version successfully on a
Windows 2k box for over a week now.  Noel has tested it on Linux, and
found that it runs successfully there.

I have also changed the build.xml so that deprecation warnings are
turned off.  With this upgrade the number of Component related
deprecation warnings goes up to 200+.  IMHO that's just really annoying.
So I flipped them off until we do the upgrade to
Serviceable/ServiceManager in the next rev.

There is an observed issue with Red Hat Linux 6.2, Sun's 1.3.0 JVM, and
this revision of Phoenix.  This has been confirmed to be a JVM issue,
and can be resolved by switching to either IBM's 1.3.1 JVM or Sun's 1.4
JVM.  Other than this issue there are no known platform/JVM
incompatibilities.

Please let me know immediately if you encounter any issues, as I'd like
to make this upgrade as smooth as possible.  Please make sure that you
upgrade both your phoenix-bin directory and your build.xml.  Thanks.

--Peter

RE: Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> There is an observed issue with Red Hat Linux 6.2, Sun's 1.3.0 JVM, and
> this revision of Phoenix.  This has been confirmed to be a JVM issue,
> and can be resolved by switching to either IBM's 1.3.1 JVM or Sun's 1.4
> JVM.  Other than this issue there are no known platform/JVM
> incompatibilities.

Patch the JVM recommendations in the xdocs, before we forget.

RE: Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
It runs with J2SDK 1.4.1_01 for linux and IBM JVM 1.3.1 for linux.  I can't
speak to any other release, so hopefully others will test and reply.

	--- Noel

does this version of phoenix run with the -server option on sun j2sdk1.4.0 ?

RE: Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.