Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/30 19:25:03 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Moving Samza to Java 1.8 source compatibility.

Hi, guys,

I have not seen any objection since May on this one. I am concluding it as
everyone is cool w/ moving to JDK8 in 0.12.

@Jake, can you send out a [RESULT][DISCUSS] email to close this one?

Thanks!

-Yi

[RESULT][DISCUSS] Moving Samza to Java 1.8 source compatibility.

Posted by Jacob Maes <ja...@gmail.com>.
I agree. This discussion was open for quite a while and we've seen no
opposition. It's time to make the move.

+1 (binding) x2
+1 (non-binding) x3

I've filed SAMZA-1031 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-1031> to
track the work for Samza 0.12. It should be relatively minor.

-Jake