Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Hendrik Jan van Meerveld <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/04 17:03:44 UTC

couchdb-load error: You are not a server admin

Hello,

I'm trying to restore a database backup but having a problem.

The command I use is:
  "couchdb-load -u serveradminusername -p serveradminpassword
--input=backup20110530.bin http://127.0.0.1:5984/databasename"
Which gives me the error:
  "couchdb.client.ServerError: (401, ('unauthorized', 'You are not a server
admin.'))"

But I am sure the username and password are correct, because I was able to
create the database using Futon with this username and password.

Kind regards and thanks for any advise,
Hendrik Jan

Re: couchdb-load error: You are not a server admin

Posted by Hendrik Jan van Meerveld <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alexander,

Thank you for the reply.
I did try and got another error message:
"Unable to find the server at
"http://admin:password@127.0.0.1:5984<http://admin:password@127.0.0.1:5984/databasename>
"

I opened a ticket