Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Learning apr <le...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2008/01/16 17:52:48 UTC

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Hello,

I use function apr_socket_connect(_self->shared_socket, _self->intf_addr) to make a TCP connection.

But I got the error message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

What caused this error.

Thanks!

Re: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Posted by Lucian Adrian Grijincu <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 16, 2008 7:52 PM, Learning apr <le...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I use function apr_socket_connect(_self->shared_socket, _self->intf_addr) to
> make a TCP connection.
>
> But I got the error message: No connection could be made because the target
> machine actively refused it.

Are you sure that someone is listening on the IP:PORT you're connecting to?
try a "telnet IP port" and see if you can connect to the machine.

--
Lucian

Re: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@allcosts.net>.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 12:52:48AM +0800, Learning apr wrote:
> But I got the error message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
>
> What caused this error.

Erm, the target machine actively refused the connection :-) The above
error message is what clib on Windows gives you when it instead of
getting a SYN|ACK it gets a FIN or a RST or similar, it means that
nothing is listening or what a firewall is denying that connection.