Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Just <da...@visionsolutions.com> on 2009/06/12 20:50:23 UTC

Is there a way to make the Menu defined in the root folder.metadata appear when viewing a subfolder?

I defined a menu in the root folder.metadata file,  I would like for
that menu to be visible regardless of what sub-folder the user is
looking at. Is this possible? I can't find any references to this in
docs or previously in the mailing list.

David Just l Software Engineer l Vision Solutions l +1 (507) 529-5939 l david.just@visionsolutions.com
The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are privileged and confidential. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

RE: Is there a way to make the Menu defined in the root folder.metadata appear when viewing a subfolder?

Posted by David Just <da...@visionsolutions.com>.
Newest 2.2.0

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
David,

Posted by Jan Kowalik <ko...@gmail.com>.
> however when I Click on Public Folders link under
> Public Jetspeed takes me to the Public Share page, but my menu is no
> longer displayed.

I am not an expert but don't you have simply another menu defined in
folder.metadata of Public Folders directory which overrides menu
defined in root folder ?

Regards

--
Jan

Re: Is there a way to make the Menu defined in the root folder.metadata appear when viewing a subfolder?

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
David,

Also note that the "MyStuff" string should be enclosed in "text" tags:

    <separator>
        <text>MyStuff</text>
        <metadata name="icon" xml:lang="en">icon.png</metadata>
    </separator>

I have seen very odd behavior when there are errors in the menu tag syntax!

Randy

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
David,