Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yves Gerber <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/17 14:49:15 UTC

I think my Axis is missing directories...

On the User's guide, where it tells you to "run the admin client"
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd
but I can't find the "services/AdminService" directory, nor the "servlet/AdminServlet" directory when you click "Administer Axis" from the axis home page. I have Axis 1.1, and I just switched back to Tomcat 4.1 from using JWSDP- I had fewer problems with just Tomcat.

Anyone else using a Win XP Pro environment?

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: I think my Axis is missing directories...

Posted by Yves Gerber <bo...@yahoo.com>.
it doesn't matter what I do, I can't seem to get past NoClassDefFoundError. Are you using Unix or DOS/WinXP?
Echo just repeated the line like I entered it.

Cheers
-Yves

Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
AXISCLASSPATH is just done for the convenience of that guide.
My approach:

Put all your JARs in webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib.

set TOMCAT_HOME=wherever....
set AXIS_LIB=%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib
set CLASSPATH=%AXIS_LIB%\axis.jar

Then for all the other JARs in webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib:
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXIS_LIB%\commons-discovery.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AXIS_LIB%\commons-logging.jar
etc....

Once you're done you should be OK to go, it won't matter what directory
you're in.
If you still can't get it, send me the output of the following:
echo %CLASSPATH%
java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient

stephen

Posted by Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au>.