Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/01/14 19:44:56 UTC

[jms] new JMS tag library: jmstags

I've developed a JSP taglib for working with JMS to allow you to send and
receive messages using any Message Orientated Middleware (MOM). Its
implemented using the Messenger component from Jakarta Commons.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/messenger.html

I've tried to apply lessons learnt from the JSTL library and expert group;
the tags can be used in a scriptlet or EL manner as well as in a more nested
implicit collaboration way.

The JMS taglib uses the jakarta-taglibs build process, has full
documentation and examples along with ASF licences. I've attached the
generated tag reference and overview documents.

The example web application, once built, should be deployable as-is inside
the J2EE SDK (I've tested it against j2sdkee1.3). By changing the
build.properties and providing an alternative Messenger.xml it should be
possible to use the example web application with any servlet engine and JMS
provider. I've tested the example web app succesfully with Tomcat 4.0 and
SpiritWave for example.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated; I'll be calling a vote shortly to
add it to the jakarta-taglibs project.

James

Re: [jms] new JMS tag library: jmstags

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.