Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kayla Jay <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/17 19:19:48 UTC

getting hadoop job status/progress outside of hadoop

Hi

Is there a way to grab a hadoop job's status/progress outside of the job and outside of hadoop?
I.e if I have another application running and  this application needs to know that a job has ended or the status percentage while the job is running, how can an external app like  this get status from the hadoop job or cluster that the job is done and the progress while it's running?

Is there a hook into the status via HTTP or any other interface?  How can external apps get progress of the job running and notification when it's done running?  I was thinking there might be a hook in since it reports it via the JobTracker.

Thanks.

Re: getting hadoop job status/progress outside of hadoop

Posted by Meng Mao <me...@gmail.com>.
What if I'm not interested in which job is running but simply whether the
current job is not stalled or failed?
Is there a way I can avoid specifying a job by the job ID?
I apologize if there's some commandline documentation I'm missing,
but the commands change a bit from point version to version.

hustlin, hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin

Re: getting hadoop job status/progress outside of hadoop

Posted by Miles Osborne <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>.

Posted by Miles Osborne <mi...@inf.ed.ac.uk>.
try this: