Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/17 23:13:36 UTC

JUnit vs. TestNG

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:24 AM, José Morales Martínez
<jm...@gmv.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the test uses JUnit, version 3.8.1. As a suggestion, I propose the possibility of using TestNG [1]. In TestNG we can config groups, dependencies inter groups, order, timeOut, ... It also allows the use of annotations.
> It's a bit harder to configure, but it has its advantages.
> [1] http://testng.org

Is it time to make a decision on this?  I've been applying patches on
both sides, and I have a feeling the tests probably overlap in
functionality by now.  Brett mentioned that it's possible to run JUnit
tests with TestNG, maybe that would be a first step towards
consolidation?

--
Wendy

Re: JUnit vs. TestNG