Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Rich Schiavi - ISDI.NET" <rs...@isdi.net> on 2002/05/08 06:21:33 UTC

xml/xsl pdf servlet output problem

i'm using the SimpleServlet which was posted prior (and attached).
it works great with a .fo
http://localhost:8088/fop/fop?fo=c:/dev/tmp/table.fo

the trouble i'm seeing is this. using a very simple .xsl and .xml, the
output is not getting sent to the outputstream, *however* the PDF is getting
generated properly. i know this cuz i created a temporary file using the
output contents and write it to my filesystem and can load this file fine.
there are no errors generated (except stuff about fonts, with the .fo
version spews as well), and all that is returned is a blank/white page.

http://localhost:8088/fop/fop?xml=sample.xml&xsl=sample.xsl

i attached the simpleservlet.java (with the mod to write out a file to
c:/temp/foo.pdf), and my basic .xsl and .xml

anybody seen this?

rich

RE: xml/xsl pdf servlet output problem

Posted by Peter Jacobs <li...@mediamagie.com>.
Does it work in Netscape? It is probably the very annoying bug in Internet
Explorer

there is a lot of information in the fop-user archives, e.g.:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=101898344218255&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=101900052502730&w=2

You could try:
http://localhost:8088/fop/fop?xml=sample.xml&xsl=sample.xsl&dummy=.pdf
(that is, you add "&dummy=.pdf" at the and of the url, so IE sees that
extension

just a guess, better explanation in the archives
Peter