Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Bart Verwilst <li...@verwilst.be> on 2012/11/23 14:11:58 UTC

Mapping MySQL schema to Avro

Hello!

I'm currently writing an importer to import our MySQL data into hadoop
( as Avro files ). Attached you can find the schema i'm converting to
Avro, along with the corresponding Avro schema i would like to use for
my imported data. I was wondering if you guys could go over the schema
and determine if this is sane/optimal, and if not, how i should improve
it.

As a sidenote, i converted bigints to long, and had 1 occurrence of
double, which i also converted to long in the avro, not sure if that's
the correct type?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions! ;)

Kind regards,

Bart

Re: Mapping MySQL schema to Avro

Posted by Bart Verwilst <li...@verwilst.be>.
As i pressed 'send', i noticed i sent it to the Flume mailing list
instead of hadoop, my apologies!