Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Kuhn, Mark" <mk...@siweb.com> on 2001/06/05 20:02:14 UTC

JPEG compression

Hello!

I'm running Batik on WinNT through the command line. I'm trying to convert a
SVG into a JPEG.

java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -d samples/jpg -m image/jpg samples\anne.svg

I recieve an error that says "ERROR: The JPEG quality has not been
specified. Use the default one: no compression"

I've look all over the Batik site, but could not find how to add compression
to the command line execution.

How would I do that?

Thanks,
Mark Kuhn

Re: JPEG compression

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@sophia.inria.fr>.
On Wednesday 06 June 2001 13:09, Bahadur Singh Bhatia wrote:

> This is only warning message. I had also this message
> appearing in the creation of JPG. So open some
> JPEGTranscoder.java file and set the quality to .9F.
>
> This will work fine.
> There may be some other work around.

The proper way to fix the jpeg quality is to set a transcoding hint.

trans.addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_QUALITY,
       new Float(.8));

Unfortunately, there is no way to set this transcoding hint through the
rasterizer app. I have done the rasterizer in a hurry and I will probably
rewrite it properly soon.

Thierry.

Re: JPEG compression

Posted by Bahadur Singh Bhatia <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

This is only warning message. I had also this message
appearing in the creation of JPG. So open some
JPEGTranscoder.java file and set the quality to .9F.

This will work fine.
There may be some other work around.

Regards,
Bahadur Singh