Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by SKService <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/26 04:06:59 UTC

How to stop a servicemix

Wanted to find out how to stop servicemix?

Re: How to stop a servicemix

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:58 AM, SKService <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Sorry, I didn't mention that I'm specifically looking for Windows. So I would
>  interpret your answer for a UNIX environment. On a windows environment I
>  just have to do a conrol-C to kill the process.

Yes, a ctrl-c is equivalent to a Unix SIGNIT signal.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: How to stop a servicemix

Posted by SKService <su...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I didn't mention that I'm specifically looking for Windows. So I would
interpret your answer for a UNIX environment. On a windows environment I
just have to do a conrol-C to kill the process.

Thankyou!

Re: How to stop a servicemix

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:57 PM, mattrpav <ma...@airband.com> wrote:

>  ServiceMix will shutdown gracefully if you kill the pid (UNIX).  I use a
>  startup script that captures the pid and writes it to a pid file for use by
>  the shutdown script.

Just a bit more context here, ServiceMix will shut down safely (via a
shutdown hook) by doing a soft kill on the pid. I.e., do not use a
SIGKILL (kill -9 <pid>) to stop ServiceMix. Instead use a SIGINT (kill
-2 <pid>) to stop SericeMix. The SIGINT will invoke the shutdown hook
and shutdown ServiceMix safely.

Bruce
);'

Re: How to stop a servicemix