Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Juerg Baumann <ju...@bigfoot.com> on 2001/06/19 12:56:33 UTC

Server.Exception NoSuchMethodError

Hello,

I am trying to run the samples delivered with Apache SOAP 2.2 and get errors
which I cannot figure out how to solve. I spent a lot of time trying to get
it running.

It hapens for Deploy/List etc.

Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Thanks,
Juerg

Re: Server.Exception NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
At 12:56 PM 6/19/2001 +0200, Juerg Baumann wrote:
>I am trying to run the samples delivered with Apache SOAP 2.2 and get errors
>which I cannot figure out how to solve. I spent a lot of time trying to get
>it running.
>
>It hapens for Deploy/List etc.
>
>Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
>Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I'd think this goes under general troubleshooting in the 2.2 docs, but seems
to be misplaced: if you search for *.html files containing "NoSuchMethodError"
in the docs directory, you find docs\install\iPlanet.html containing

>If you encounter the following messages when running a sample, the most likely cause is not having the JAXP compatible parser library at the front of the server's classpath:
>
>D:\soap-2_2\samples\addressbook>testit
>This test assumes a server URL of http://127.0.0.1/NASApp/soap/servlet/rpcr
>
>Deploying the addressbook service...
>Ouch, the call failed:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
>   Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>This error occurs because the XML parser bundled with the application server does not contain a class required by Apache SOAP. Once you place a JAXP compatible parser at the front of the server's classpath, you will solve this problem.
>
>If you encounter errors when running the Calculator sample, ensure that you've added both the bsf.jar and js.jar libraries to the start of the application server's classpath.

In other words, it's really the same classpath problem that appears in
other guises in other parts of the installation docs.

Tom Myers

Re: Server.Exception NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.