Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/09/10 22:40:31 UTC

whatever you say, something has to be done about make install

Regardless of if you want to stop adding features two weeks ago, the make
install issue needs to be resolved.  Right now there is a makefile that
installs into /usr/local/apache and a distribution that expects everything
in /usr/local/etc/httpd.  They do not fit together.  Saying that it cna't
be changed doesn't make sense.

I am not sure I can advocate a make install that puts everything in
/usr/local/etc/httpd.  That means we need to change the directory
structure and make the makefile smarter.  Some people say we can't do
that.  That means we have to remove the Makefile.

Status quo is not an option.