Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> on 2005/03/15 08:20:48 UTC

Re: plugins and (more)

Eric A. Hall wrote:

> Over the weekend I banged together a preliminary ldapBlacklist.pm plugin
> which lets the master process query an ldap server for whitelist or
> blacklist flags associated with the connecting SMTP client's reverse DNS,
> the HELO identifer, the mail-from address, the From address, and so
> forth... The problem is that each of these tests have to do a fair amount

I got this working more fully, including with the persistency stuff
(thanks again). Couple of other things I'm looking for help on:

  - is there an internal means to determine the local domain name? I'm
    having trouble with Sys::Hostname::Long on a couple of systems and
    would rather use something internal anyway since it's sure to work
    everywhere that SA itself works.

  - is there a way to force a plugin to load last? like, if I want SPF
    and all of the other validation stuff to get called first, but not
    to rely on it (it may not be installed), is there a way to force
    the plugin to get called last (presumably this is done by numbering
    the ldapBlacklist.cf to something like 99_ldap_blacklist.cf, but
    maybe there's a better way)?

Thanks

--
Eric A. Hall                                      http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols        http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/

Re: plugins and (more)

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 02:20:48AM -0500, Eric A. Hall wrote:
>  - is there a way to force a plugin to load last? like, if I want SPF
>    and all of the other validation stuff to get called first, but not
>    to rely on it (it may not be installed), is there a way to force
>    the plugin to get called last (presumably this is done by numbering
>    the ldapBlacklist.cf to something like 99_ldap_blacklist.cf, but
>    maybe there's a better way)?

Load or run?

If it's run, then check out the priority tflag.

Michael