Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vitaliy Geraymovych <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/05 23:38:57 UTC

Maven2 and jaxb plug in

Hi All,

Sorry for the beginners question but I was unable to find answer
anywhere else. I am currently playing with Maven 2 with the goal of
replacing our ant build script. I got stuck trying to add jaxb
generation to the project. I added maven-jaxb-plugin plug in to the
plugins section but can't to make it run.

I am executing maven with this command: m2 clean:clean package

m2 always does [clean:clean], [resources:resources], [compiler:compile].

Here is the section of pom.xml that defines plug in:

	<plugins>
		<plugin>
			<artifactId>maven-jaxb-plugin</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
				<goals>
					<goal>
						<id>generate-sources</id>
					</goal>
				</goals>
		</plugin>
	</plugins>

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks,
Vitaliy

Re: Generate sources example [was: Re: Maven2 and jaxp plugin]

Posted by Vitaliy Geraymovych <vi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry just starting with maven, not sure what accdg or trygvis is :)

I tried both m2 alpha3 and snapshot from yesterday, both behaved
similarly. They would download plugins with group id
org.apache.maven.* but would fail downloading plugins with group id
maven-plugins. The error showed that m2 was looking for plugins in
maven2/plugins/maven-plugins/.... which is wrong because these plugins
are in maven2/maven-plugins/. Of course I can get plugins manually and
put them in my local repository but I was just curious if this is an
expected behavior or there is something that I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Vitaliy

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
Hi,