Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luca Furini <lf...@cs.unibo.it> on 2005/06/10 20:19:55 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr StaticContentLayoutManager.java LineLayoutManager.java AbstractLayoutManager.java TextLayoutManager.java LayoutManagerMapping.java ContentLayoutManager.java LeaderLayoutManager.java LayoutManager.java CharacterLayoutManager.java BlockLayoutManager.java FlowLayoutManager.java

Thanks for your optimization work, Glen.

Just a note: the method addALetterSpaceTo() is defined in the interface
InlineLevelLayoutManager and is still used.

It is called by LineLM.collectInlineKnuthElements(), if the last element
returned by a child LM and the first returned by the next child LM are
both boxes.

So, the CharacterLM and LeaderLM (extending LeafNodeLM, that implements
InlineLevelLM) should really implement it.

For example, if we have
  <fo:block>a <fo:character character="w"/>ord</fo:block>
we must tell the CharacterLM that the "w" is followed by a letter space,
as it is not a whole word.

Regards
    Luca

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
Luca,

Are you sure here?  We had two versions of addALetterSpaceTo() -- the
version in ILLM which takes a List (I didn't touch that one), and a old (?)
version from AbstractLayoutManager that takes a KnuthElement.  It is that
latter version that I removed--it wasn't being called anywhere--not the
former.

Glen