Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2013/07/11 23:25:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Changing Docs landing page layout

Hi all,

Before 4.2.0 is released, I'd like to talk about changing the layout of
the landing page for documentation.

Currently, you get dropped into the default Publican documentation page
that is basically the licensing info and a sidebar with the various
guides sorted by version.

I've come up with a wireframe of what I'd like to change it to. The docs
wouldn't change, but the landing page would display prominent links to
each guide and the formats they're available in. (Note that this is a
rough, and I'd replace the boxes that say "HTML," "PDF," etc with the
appropriate file-type icons.)

See here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gk1g0ss560hr0u/CloudStack%20Docs.png

Below the current version I'd include text links to each of the previous
versions' documentation.

Thoughts?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: [DISCUSS] Changing Docs landing page layout

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 04:25:34PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Before 4.2.0 is released, I'd like to talk about changing the layout of
> the landing page for documentation.
>
> Currently, you get dropped into the default Publican documentation page
> that is basically the licensing info and a sidebar with the various
> guides sorted by version.
>
> I've come up with a wireframe of what I'd like to change it to. The docs
> wouldn't change, but the landing page would display prominent links to
> each guide and the formats they're available in. (Note that this is a
> rough, and I'd replace the boxes that say "HTML," "PDF," etc with the
> appropriate file-type icons.)
>
> See here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gk1g0ss560hr0u/CloudStack%20Docs.png
>
> Below the current version I'd include text links to each of the previous
> versions' documentation.
>
> Thoughts?

+1!

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Joe

While I have no issue with the way current page looks, im open for change of layout.

Looking forward to more refined draft.

Thanks
Ilya

- All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.