Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/06/27 17:18:10 UTC

[Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

The vote is a little over half-way through and so far only Remko has voted. I haven’t seen anything yet that would make me vote against the release so we still need one more vote before tomorrow night. All the issues found so far are very minor.

Matt, as I said I tried applying the changes you made to master, including the assert and the new matcher class but the test still failed. Any ideas?

Ralph

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Even better! Thanks.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I’ll be voting. I just haven’t had a chance to test it out yet (busy week).

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Discuss] Release Log4j 2.12.0-rc2

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 1:54 PM Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Running the build on Java 8 was fine for me. I am concerned that it is not
> testable on Java 11 in the usual Maven way. I cannot find a way to run the
> tests without Maven deciding it needs to recompile everything.

I tried "touch"-ing all the class files to see if I could avoid Maven's
recompilation madness, but no.

Gary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.