Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 16:03:01 UTC

Re: [GSOC proposal]: Solr javascript client library

Hi Matthias-

Your demo looks great.  I'd love to see a general solr javascript
library.

I need to look more at what it takes to be a mentor, but I'd be
willing to do that.

ryan

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I need to look more at what it takes to be a mentor, but I'd be willing to do
: that.

Ryan: In case you haven't found it yet, the info (on the ASF side) committers need to
familiarize themselves with to be mentors is...

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCodeMentor

(note in particular there is an oddly named "code-awards" mailing list you
need to subscribe to, and you need to update committers/MailAlias.txt to
include your "Google Account")

BTW: Sweet demo Matthias.

-Hoss

Re: [GSOC proposal]: Solr javascript client library

Posted by Matthias Epheser <ma...@gmx.at>.
Ryan McKinley schrieb:
> Hi Matthias-
>
> Your demo looks great.  I'd love to see a general solr javascript library.
>
> I need to look more at what it takes to be a mentor, but I'd be willing
> to do that.

Great!

So the first "official" steps on my side should be creating a student
account on the GSOC site (which I just did) and adding a proposal
addressing "The Apache Software foundation" as target group (which I
will do tomorrow evening).

You should be able to "accept" this proposal in the mentor area.

I will write a short announcement on this list after I uploaded the
proposal.

matthias