Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Arash Bijanzadeh <ar...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/05 14:52:24 UTC

Tobago layouts

I wonder if tobago would/could replace tiles ? Could I ignore tiles and
sitemesh in the favor of tobago or not?

--
from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.

Re: Tobago layouts

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hmmm, I don't now all the features of tiles and sitemesh.

Tobago would/could not replace it. But sometimes your may not need it,
when you are using Tobago.

If you want to position and size your components automatically, you can
do that with a Tobago LayoutManager.

If you want e.g. your header and sidebar will be rendered without
writing doublicate code, you may use JSP 2.0 tag files or tiles/sitemesh.

Hope that helps

Udo