Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kjartan Mikkelsen <Kj...@fast.no> on 2000/03/13 17:33:48 UTC

Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO

I have configured apache 1.3.12 to run with tomcat 3.1 beta.
I had to run ./configure --enable-rule=SHARE_CORE --enable-module=so
to make it work. Maybe the --enable-rule=SHARE_CORE should be mentioned in
the Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO.

Kjartan

RE: Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO

Posted by Kjartan Mikkelsen <Kj...@fast.no>.
> Kjartan,
>
> On what OS? On Linux/AIX/Solaris ./configure --enable-module=so is just
> fine for me (other then setting CC to xlc on AIX).
Solaris 7. ./configure found gcc and used it.

> It is very hard for me to see how a shared apache core change anything for
> mod_jserv.

Here is what I did:
Compiled apache 1.3.12:
./configure --enable-module=so --prefix=/usr/home/kjartan/www
make
make install

Copied mod_jserv.so to libexec
Include tomcat.conf (in httpd.conf)
apachectl restart => Some error messages
apachectl configtest:
Syntax error on line 13 of
/usr/home/kjartan/tomcat/build/tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf:
Cannot load /usr/home/kjartan/www/libexec/mod_jserv.so into server: ld.so.1:
./bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/home/kjartan/www/libexec/mod_jserv.so: symbol ap_group_id: referenced
symbol not found

Consulted apache manuals on modules, and saw the
option --enable-module=SHARE_CORE

Compiled again. Started apache:apachectl restart (no error messages)
Everything worked fine, so I thought that --enable-rule=SHARE_CORE did the
trick, and
posted here :-)

(I actually did the thing again with the same result)

Am I doing something wrong ?

Kjartan

Re: Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO

Posted by Shachor Gal <sh...@techunix.technion.ac.il>.
Kjartan,

On what OS? On Linux/AIX/Solaris ./configure --enable-module=so is just
fine for me (other then setting CC to xlc on AIX).
It is very hard for me to see how a shared apache core change anything for
mod_jserv.

	Gal Shachor