Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Trevor Phillips <ph...@central.murdoch.edu.au> on 2000/07/31 04:58:07 UTC

Problem with proxys & Auth...

This is a strange one for which I hope there's a simple answer & solution.

I've put a Front-side Proxy on a webserver (as it was struggling under the load
from lots of hits over slow links - more RAM than CPU issue), and it's helped
performance wonderfully!

However, my IP-based restrictions now seem to no longer work!

Before you ask, yes, I'm using mod_proxy_add_forward, with a
"PerlPostReadRequestHandler My::ProxyRemoteAddr" routine at the other end to
rewrite the IP back using  $r->connection->remote_ip.

So, yes, as far as my CGIs, my modules, and the logging is concerned, people
are from their REAL IPs (rather than that of the FSP), but IP restrictions
(using the standard mod_access) are not taking effect at all!

Any ideas on why this is, and how to get around it? I've done some testing &
research, and AFAICS, it should work, as Post Read Requests happen before the
Access phase...

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips@murdoch.edu.au :

Re: Problem with proxys & Auth...

Posted by Trevor Phillips <ph...@central.murdoch.edu.au>.
Eric Cholet wrote:

> > This is a strange one for which I hope there's a simple answer & solution.
> >
> > I've put a Front-side Proxy on a webserver (as it was struggling under the load
> > from lots of hits over slow links - more RAM than CPU issue), and it's helped
> > performance wonderfully!
> >
> > However, my IP-based restrictions now seem to no longer work!
>
> Which version of mod_perl are you using? I fixed this in 1.22_01.

Aaah! I was running 1.21.x. Upgrading to 1.22 fixed the problem! Thanks...

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips@murdoch.edu.au :

Re: Problem with proxys & Auth...

Posted by Eric Cholet <ch...@logilune.com>.

--