Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Tomas Hofman <th...@redhat.com> on 2021/03/12 11:49:43 UTC

Thrift 0.13 micro for CVE-2020-13949?

Hello,

I see that the recommended approach to avoid exposure to the
CVE-2020-13949 is upgrading to version 0.14.0. However this version
brings some breaking changes and upgrading is bit challenging for some
of our projects.

Has it been considered to backport the fixes into 0.13 stream?
Would it be too demanding to do?

Thanks for any statements on this!

Best regards,
--
Tomas Hofman
Software Engineer, JBoss SET

RE: Thrift 0.13 micro for CVE-2020-13949?

Posted by Pankaj kr <pa...@huawei.com>.
+1

It would be great if 0.13 stream patch is released with CVE-2020-13949 fix.

Regards,
Pankaj