Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2007/07/02 16:38:21 UTC

Re: [Jakarta-httpclient Wiki] Update of "HttpComponentsCoreReleaseProcess" by OlegKalnichevski

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 19:21 +0200, Daniel Mueller wrote:
> ;) Ok, zorg wise it should suffice to add an additional manual step of 'mvn
> source:source' before the 'mvn javadoc:javadoc' in your release guide [1].
> This will create a ..-sources.jar, which is appropriate for the repo.
>
> But I can't figure out when and how your artifacts get published to the
> maven repo in your description. Aren't they uploaded somehow or maybe
> grabbed from subversion? According to the maven repo itself [2], you have at
> least once deployed to the repo somehow lately. If you don't know how to do
> it, it's detailed in about 10 lines in the 'guide to uploading artifacts to
> the maven repo' [3]. Summarized you should be able to execute 'mvn
> source:jar javadoc:jar repository:bundle-create' which creates a bundle and
> then creating a JIRA issue with the bundle attached (as explained on the
> site). I'm pretty sure that you do this already somehow, either
> automatically or manually.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Daniel,

I did try to deploy the generated source jars along with the binary
artifacts for the ALPHA5 release but for some reason the deploy plugin
did not pick up the source jars. So, I guess some tweaking of the POMs
may still be necessary.

This is something we'll have to look into for ALPHA6-SNAPSHOT and BETA1

Oleg