Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com> on 2021/08/22 00:44:18 UTC

Re: Netbeans struggles with hierarchical Gradle Projects --> Solved!

Dear All,

thank for the feedback and suggestions.

I have been able to find the problem and to solve it: Ignorantly  I had
put a gradle.settings not only into the ROOT folder, but also into each
sub-project and these gradle.settings had defined a rootProject.name
 each.

After having deleted these redundant gradle.settings in the  sub-
projects, everything works great!

@Laszlo, two suggestions please:

1) Maybe ignore and/or warn about such incorrect settings, when they
confuse Netbeans.
After all, Command Line Gradle and also Intelli-J had not problems with
it and so I still think that I was not totally wrong, while not being
correct either.

2) Maybe double check, while the behaviour was so inconsistent and 4
out of 6 sub-projects were understood by Netbeans while 2 were
interpreted differently.
To me, this was actually the most confusing part.

Anyway, I am good now and would like to thank you so much.
Best regards and cheers

Andreas