Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 23:09:38 UTC

Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Hi ctakes!

As a bioinformatician and Hadoop ecosystem engineer, I Was really impressed with this project when I stumbled upon it recently, especially the potential for streamlining several tricky areas medical informatics and correlation analysis from abstracts, drugs, and patient records.

Was curious if any ctakes folks in the boston area would be interested In a code walk through or presentation,... I'd like to contribute if possible, and possibly see how we could use ctakes alongside bigtop for a demo of a medical informatics app.

I'm an apache bigtop commiter and a bioinformatics phd, so would love to contribute to bridging  the gap between Hadoop and the biomedical world if possible.

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Tim O'Connell <ti...@gmail.com>.
+1 also

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Regarding a larger meetup - We were thinking of sometime next month to
give sufficient notice.  Stay tuned..

We did have a short discussion on a collaborative effort to build a
simple application that takes in input streams data sources (public
forums, twitter, etc.), scaling up cTAKES to process them under the
BigTop/Hadoop ecosystem.  We'll create a Jira and Discuss thread on
dev@ to track it...

--Pei

RE: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Jay,

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
HI Pei and others.

Maybe an informal meet up  somewhere north of boston this week?

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Vlad Valtchinov <vl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Britt Fitch <br...@gmail.com>.
I would also be interested in attending something like this. Sounds great!

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by "Wilson, Brian" <BW...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org>.
Would be very useful!

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by Bala Krishnan <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am using cTakes for extracting information from unstructured clinical
narratives. I am working for an Indian based company that specializes in
EHR digitization. I am currently working on same problem you have
mentioned. Would be really helpful and beneficial, if we can use the power
of big data technologies and distribute the process.

Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.
Great idea—
Sent from Mailbox