Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2002/07/17 03:54:26 UTC

Authentication tutorial

I've noticed that the Auth tutorial in the 2.0 docs is way out of sync
with that in the 1.3 docs - missing a lot of content - and I can't
recall how this happened. Anyone remember if this was done intentionally
for some reason?

If not, I'm going to try to get them back in sync, as the 1.3 doc is
actuall better than the 2.0 doc in this case.

I think perhaps the 1.3->2.0 doc conversion happened while that
particular doc was still being written.

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -

Re: Authentication tutorial

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I've noticed that the Auth tutorial in the 2.0 docs is way out of sync
> with that in the 1.3 docs - missing a lot of content - and I can't
> recall how this happened. Anyone remember if this was done intentionally
> for some reason?
>
> If not, I'm going to try to get them back in sync, as the 1.3 doc is
> actuall better than the 2.0 doc in this case.
>
> I think perhaps the 1.3->2.0 doc conversion happened while that
> particular doc was still being written.

I guess I'm even more confused than I thought. It appears that these
documents are just completely unrelated.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New