Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by ITCdx <pe...@itkodex.hu> on 2010/10/27 10:50:47 UTC

RSS feed is empty

Dear All!

I've searched in this forum, but I didn't find any related article like our
problem, therefore I post it now.

We have a problem with our JSPWiki's RSS feed. (2.8.4)
The main RSS is completely empty on our site (only the name and description
appears), but on the bottom-right side (the per-page-feed) is working
correctly!

The properties file is configured properly (rss.generate & baseurl is set),
but we don't know why not work.
Log shows only this line: "[JSPWiki RSS Generator] INFO
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.providers.CachingAttachmentProvider$CachedAttachmentCollector
- returning 31 attachments"

Besides, there are some issues that - we think - affects the RSS generation:

1. We have multiple WIKI sites. The core pages (*.txt) are in different
folders, but the main jsp-s are inherited from one wiki site.

2. All of our wiki sites are in under one subdomain, which is SSL
PROTECTED!!! (https://wiki.domain.ext)

3. We have an Apache2 and Tomcat5.5 webserver (JSPWiki runs on Tomcat) on a
Windows Server 2003 SBS.	The http requests are processed by Apache and
forwards them to Tomcat by help of virtual sites.

So, my question is: are they have any impact or conflict with RSS?

Thanks for your help!

Re: RSS feed is empty

Posted by ITCdx <pe...@itkodex.hu>.
Dear Harry!

Thanks for your reply too!
I've changed the log4j settings in the property file and now:

Oops! What does it mean exactly: "NULL Httprequest"?

[JSPWiki RSS Generator] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.WatchDog  - JSPWiki RSS
Generator: Entering state Generating RSS feed, expected completion in 60 s
[JSPWiki RSS Generator] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.rss.RSSThread  -
Regenerating RSS feed to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\Wiki\asze_rss.rdf
[JSPWiki RSS Generator] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession  - Looking up
WikiSession for NULL HttpRequest: returning guestSession()
[JSPWiki RSS Generator] DEBUG com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiContext  - Creating
WikiContext for session ID=(null); target=__DUMMY

Regards,
Peter

Re: RSS feed is empty

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

Re: R: RSS feed is empty

Posted by ITCdx <pe...@itkodex.hu>.
Dear Enrico!

Thanks for your quick reply!
We have only one jspwiki.properties file and furthermore each wiki site has
a different (own) property file and the rss filename are not same! :S

Don't know what should we do...

R: RSS feed is empty

Posted by Enrico Maria Carmona <e....@hsgerardo.org>.
Hi!