Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Im...@ubs.com on 2007/01/12 17:29:28 UTC

Maven IDEA plugin - version 2.1+?

Hello all,

I'm a relative newcomer to Maven 2 and have installed the 2.0.4 release
as described on the project download page. I have discovered a number of
problems with the idea:module goal, at least some of which have been
reported before and marked resolved in version 2.1 (according to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MIDEA-57 for example). However, that
version of the plugin doesn't appear to be available from the central
repository or any other that I could identify (e.g.
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/pl
ugins/maven-idea-plugin/).

Could someone please build a snapshot or release of this plugin at
version 2.1 or higher, and its run-time dependencies, and tell me which
repository to find it in? I have tried to build it from source and given
up, because of the number of other prerequisites it depends on, each of
which I have to copy to my project repository by hand (don't even ask
;-)

Does this version of the plugin depend on Maven 2.1?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Immo Huneke.

Re: Maven IDEA plugin - version 2.1+?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Immo.Huneke@ubs.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a relative newcomer to Maven 2 and have installed the 2.0.4 release
> as described on the project download page. I have discovered a number of
> problems with the idea:module goal, at least some of which have been
> reported before and marked resolved in version 2.1 (according to
> _http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MIDEA-57_ for example). However, that
> version of the plugin doesn't appear to be available from the central
> repository or any other that I could identify (e.g.
> _http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-idea-plugin/_).

That is because version 2.1 of the plugin has not been released yet.

> Could someone please build a snapshot or release of this plugin at
> version 2.1 or higher, and its run-time dependencies, and tell me which
> repository to find it in?

Done.

> I have tried to build it from source and given
> up, because of the number of other prerequisites it depends on, each of
> which I have to copy to my project repository by hand (don't even ask ;-)

You can read about what you need to do to get this working on this page:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

> Does this version of the plugin depend on Maven 2.1?

No it doesn't.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Immo Huneke.

> Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

> arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore
> of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If
> verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
> related financial instruments.
>
> UBS Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company
> number 2035362, whose registered office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue,
> London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.
>
> UBS AG (London Branch) is registered as a branch of a foreign company
> under number BR004507, whose registered office is at
> 1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.
>
> UBS Clearing and Execution Services Limited is a company registered
> in England & Wales under company number 03123037, whose registered
> office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

Dennis Lundberg