Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by jo...@gmail.com, jo...@gmail.com on 2018/03/26 18:19:01 UTC

Request estimate for next release of cordova-plugin-globalization

Hi Team,

Pull request #64 (https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-globalization/pull/64) was committed on February 2 to address a ReDoS issue in moment.js, which is shipped in cordova-plugin-globalization.  As this is a security issue, may I ask what the current plans are for releasing a new version of the plugin please?  We've tested the nightly build and confirmed that the issue has been addressed, but would obviously prefer to ship with a released version of the plugin as opposed to a nightly build.

Thanks for your help,
John Gerken

Re: Request estimate for next release of cordova-plugin-globalization

Posted by jo...@gmail.com, jo...@gmail.com.
Thanks Simon,

My development team is currently investigating what it will take for us to migrate away from using cordova-plugin-globalization, but it will take some time to get it scheduled and completed.  So it will happen -- that's the good news.  The bad news is that it keeps our customers hanging until that is complete.  So a new build with our merged pull request helps our customers greatly to bridge the gap until our migration is complete.

Earlier messages suggested a release sometime shortly after Easter.  Any idea if or when that might take place?

Thanks again for your help, everyone.
John

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.