Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bettina Getzkow <ti...@best.baynet.de> on 1998/02/07 14:22:14 UTC

config/1780: mod_dbm error

>Number:         1780
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       mod_dbm error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm using dbmmanage for authentification. With apache 1.2.bx all works fine. Now compiling apache 1.2.4 it doesn't. I get an error message: lib ldbm not found. First I tried to add -lgdbm ,that's the lib I found on my system, to the Configure file in section Extra Lib. That didn't work. The result was the same error. Then I add LIBS = -ldgbm to the Makefile. The compilation worked fine. Then I compiled dbmmanage from the support directory. All seemed to be o.k. Then I ran the dbmmage program. A file users was built. I thougt that there should be two files, users.dir and users.pac. I informed myself and read, that gdbm builts only one file, not two. That seems to be alright. Then I ran netscape gold. Authentification doesn't work. Why this ? In error log there were two messages:
1. Users file can't be opened.
2. User not found.
So I took my old files made with apache 1.2.bx users.dir and users.pac with the same configuration in hosts.conf, access.conf and srm.conf. Now  all works. Authentification is fine.
How can  I built a users.pac and users.dir with Apache 1.2.4 dbmmanage? Why is there only one file users, and not two? Is it my perl 5.004 that causes this error? Do I have to compile perl 5.004 with  lib gdbm? Is this the problem? It's compiled with Anydbm-Modul. I can't find lgdbm only Anydbm. I tried many things finding the error. So I now ask you, perhaps someone can help me.
Many thanks
CU
Getzkow Bettina