Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by KenBarnesJr <ke...@tkctech.com> on 2008/12/17 03:53:24 UTC

smx-arch 3.3 scripting maven archetype doesnt work

Anyone experiencing the problem as well?

Re: smx-arch 3.3 scripting maven archetype doesnt work

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
See comments inline...

KenBarnesJr schrieb:
> I have tried to create a project using
> smx-arch su
> and changing settings to work with scripting (a simple groovy script) using
> the tutorial.  Some problems arise...
> 1.  I cannot change the groupId of the su on the cmd line when smx-arch is
> ran.

--> you can do that afterwards editing the pom.xml

> 2.  If I use defaults (my-su) is generated and I can change build and deploy
> to servicemix but when no endpoint is generated and null when I attempt to
> use.

--> without having a look at what you've done it's really hard to tell
you where the problem is.
Zip your project and put it somewhere online so I can have a look.

> Has anyone sucessfully used scripting in servicemix.??? If so could you post
> a simple project (HELLO WORLD ANYONE>>>>)

--> It works but I have no simple project at hand here. So please zip
your stuff and let me have a look.

Regards
Lars

Re: smx-arch 3.3 scripting maven archetype doesnt work

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Could you give more details about the problem you see?

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
I *THINK* (correct me if I'm wrong), but this is the main location for
Servicemix maven2 stuff?

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/servicemix/tooling/servicemix-scripting-service-unit/

And there isn't anything in that directory, so I don't think you'll be able
to use the archetype for that one....  it's easy enough just to create the
pom yourself though.. I usually do that anyhow.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
The version 2008.xx is a version naming which is blocked for releases
somehow in the Maven Repo. We will have to clarify if we now switch to
2008.xx for all archetypes or maybe switch back to 3.x.x.

In the meanwhile I would suggest using the standard SU archetype and just
copy and paste the endpoint config from the servicemix-scripting wiki page
or have a look at the archetype resources here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/archetypes/trunk/servicemix-scripting-service-unit/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/main/resources/

Regards
Lars

http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: smx-arch 3.3 scripting maven archetype doesnt work

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
If you look in:

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by KenBarnesJr <ke...@tkctech.com>.
I try

Posted by KenBarnesJr <ke...@tkctech.com>.
So in my world that would be either an undocumented "FEATURE" or a bug

Re: smx-arch 3.3 scripting maven archetype doesnt work

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
You probably aren't specifying the -DarchetypeVersion .. and if you do, you
have to use 3.2.3, 2008.01 won't work for the version.

Ryan

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
How did you use the script?
Freeman