Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2015/06/02 12:48:30 UTC

tomee:deploy - undeploy

Hi,
just a verification on the tomee-maven-plugin deploy functionality

I've started an remote tomee and deploying like this:

mvn tomee:deploy
-Dtomee-plugin.archive=./target/TomeEEDeploy-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war
-Dtomee-plugin.host=127.0.0.1 -Dtomee-plugin.binary=true

Undeploy:
mvn tomee:undeploy -Dtomee-plugin.archive=TomeEEDeploy
-Dtomee-plugin.host=127.0.0.1 -Dtomee-plugin.binary=true

Observations:

1. deploy is OK
2. undeploy does not work.
3. app deployed, do a tomee restart, then undeploy works.
4. Is there a way getting deployment to webapps and not temp?

Tomee 1.7.2 is in play.

br hw

Re: tomee:deploy - undeploy

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Thanks Romain,

I needed the deploy path:
mvn tomee:undeploy -Dtomee-plugin.archive=TomeEEDeploy-1.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dtomee-plugin.host=127.0.0.1

I've modified server.xml: unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="false" for webapps.

I'll see if this makes our jenkins deployment more stable than the
tomcat-deploy plugin does.

br hw

Re: tomee:deploy - undeploy

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 2 juin 2015 04:08, "hwaastad" <he...@waastad.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
> just a verification on the tomee-maven-plugin deploy functionality
>
> I've started an remote tomee and deploying like this:
>
> mvn tomee:deploy
> -Dtomee-plugin.archive=./target/TomeEEDeploy-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war
> -Dtomee-plugin.host=127.0.0.1 -Dtomee-plugin.binary=true
>
> Undeploy:
> mvn tomee:undeploy -Dtomee-plugin.archive=TomeEEDeploy
> -Dtomee-plugin.host=127.0.0.1 -Dtomee-plugin.binary=true
>
> Observations:
>
> 1. deploy is OK
> 2. undeploy does not work.

It uses appPath (or appId I have a doubt writing it), it should be logged
when deploying but I dont think you use the right one

> 3. app deployed, do a tomee restart, then undeploy works.
> 4. Is there a way getting deployment to webapps and not temp?

Yes configuring the target folder ( openejb.deployer.cache.folder) but then
it is adviced to switch off auto deploy on webapps folder