Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by RT <rw...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/21 12:51:07 UTC

blocking access by user-agent

Hi,

I would like to control what applications get access to the solr
database. I am using jetty as the appcontainer.

Is this at all achievable? If yes, how?

Internet search has not yielded anything I could use so far.

Thanks in advance.

Roland

Re: blocking access by user-agent

Posted by RT <rw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Patrick,

Would you have any idea in what directory to place the .htaccess file to
block all information retrieval?

I am not sure HTAccessHandler of jetty supports all its commands. This
site however implies that it does have the ones for user-agent blocking.

:
http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/coding-help/7692-block-useragent-with-htaccess.html

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1; SV1) [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Zeus
RewriteRule ^.* - [F,L]

regards,