Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "P. Hill" <go...@xmission.com> on 2005/03/07 22:01:54 UTC

Q: Lenya, Lucene back links?

Is it possible somewhere in the API or by maybe building a
search index in Lucene to be able to list
all pages on the site which link to a particular page?

I'm not looking for someone to write a book (unless it's
already written :-), just to give me a very brief comment
whether this is possibile to do in Lenya.

It seems like the possibilities are:
1. Lenya already checked all the internal links, if a JSP
had access to that information I could generate a list of
links on the page.
But I think I'm dreaming on that possbility.
2. Lucene can find nearly any bit of XML in an article right?  So
it could programmed to locate all <A HREF=""> and build up something
useful.  This sounds like there might be some missing pieces.
3. ?

Any thoughts or pointers would be appreciated.  I just trying to find
out some information about where some possible support for such a
solutions might be hidden.

-Paul

TIA,
-Paul

Re: Q: Lenya, Lucene back links?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
P. Hill wrote:
> Is it possible somewhere in the API or by maybe building a
> search index in Lucene to be able to list
> all pages on the site which link to a particular page?

check out the LinkRewriteTask as well as referenced-documents.xsl

> Any thoughts or pointers would be appreciated.  I just trying to find
> out some information about where some possible support for such a
> solutions might be hidden.

it is part of the link rewriting in lenya

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com