Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/14 17:43:34 UTC

snappuller rsync parameter error? - "solr" hardcoded

In the snappuller, the "solr" is hardcoded. Should it be
"${master_data_dir}?

# rsync over files that have changed
rsync -Wa${verbose}${compress} --delete ${sizeonly} \
${stats} rsync://${master_host}:${rsyncd_port}/solr/${name}/
${data_dir}/${name}-wip

Thanks,

Jae

RE: snappuller rsync parameter error? - "solr" hardcoded

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Be careful. 'rsync'  has different meanings for 'directory' v.s.
: 'directory/'. I ran afoul of this.

eliminating some of the confusion about how rsync is one of the reasons
the rsyncd-start and snappuller scripts exist, and why a seperate rsyncd
port is created for each solr instance ... it's designed to make
replication easier for people then just saying "go learn about rsync, set
it up, get it working, then use snapshooter on the master and
snapinstaller on the slaves."

if people use the rsyncd-* scripts that come with Solr, you don't really
have to understand the gritty details (unfortunately you still hvae to
know how to get passphraseless ssh keys working)

-Hoss

RE: snappuller rsync parameter error? - "solr" hardcoded

Posted by "Norskog, Lance" <la...@divvio.com>.
Be careful. 'rsync'  has different meanings for 'directory' v.s.
'directory/'. I ran afoul of this.

I'm not an rsync expert, but I beleive that /solr/ is a virtual
directory defined in the rsyncd config. It is mapped to the real
directory.

wunder

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I'm not an rsync expert, but I beleive that /solr/ is a
: virtual directory defined in the rsyncd config. It is mapped
: to the real directory.

correct .. the real directory comes from the scripts.conf

:
: wunder
:
: On 11/14/07 8:43 AM, "Jae Joo" <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
:
: > In the snappuller, the "solr" is hardcoded. Should it be
: > "${master_data_dir}?
: >

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@netflix.com>.