Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Kalam, Venkata Krishna Chaitanya" <vk...@informatica.com> on 2017/10/11 16:45:44 UTC

SharePoint Server connection issue

Hi
When I am trying to connect to a sharepoint server using manifoldcf 2.8.1 I am getting following error.

The site at http://inv28webapps11/sites/portal did not exist or was external; skipping.
From my troubleshooting, going through some blogs and GitHub code, I found out the server is generating redirect response (http code 302).So it's printing this message.
Can you please suggest any workaround in order to connect to a SharePoint server that's generating redirect response.?

References for me to come to the conclusion.
==================================
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS/Debugging+Connections
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/manifoldcf-commits/201602.mbox/%3C20160222125008.0F7A33A0249@svn01-us-west.apache.org%3E

and through chrome developer tools I found out server is indeed giving a 302 response.

sharepoint connection  details:
Server SharePoint version:

SharePoint Services 5.0 (2013)

Server protocol:

http

Server name:

inv28webapps11

Server port:

80

Site path:

/sites/portal

Re: SharePoint Server connection issue

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chaitanya,

The appropriate plugin is required for ALL SharePoint versions from 2007
onward.  That is why there is a SharePoint 2013 plugin that we distribute.
Can you point me to where in the docs it says otherwise?

In order to install the plugin, you must be running as an Admin user.
Other than that, we've never had any difficulty with people being able to
install our plugins.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.