Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Michael McCaskill <mm...@healthdec.com> on 2008/03/03 22:19:17 UTC

CXF & Spring Transactions

I'm coming from Spring-Webservices. I like that CXF supports contract-last
since I'm in a prototype, rapid development phase for my work project. But
I've noticed that weird things happen when using CXF with Spring
Transactions.

It appears that after so many web service calls, the DBCP pool is exhausted
and connections aren't returned. This wasn't happening with
Spring-Webservices. I've tried the 2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT as well. It needs
to be said that I am filtering out the Spring-2.0.6 dependencies and opting
for 2.5. I'm using Spring's @Transactional annotation, JAXB,
JaxWsProxyFactoryBean on client, jaxws:endpoint on server, Hibernate 3.1 and
Oracle 9.2.0.8.

Re: CXF & Spring Transactions

Posted by Michael McCaskill <mm...@healthdec.com>.
I was having an Aspect do some things using a @Before annotation. It seems it
was interfering with the flow of things. It turns out this happens with
Spring-WS as well, which is how I found out. I simply disabled the aspect
and it is working (for the most part). I just have to fix my aspect.

Re: CXF & Spring Transactions

Posted by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com>.
Can you explain it?

how is your configuration now?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Michael McCaskill <mm...@healthdec.com>
wrote:

> I have found the root of the problem, which fortunately isn't CXF related
> but
> a Spring-AOP (AspectJ) problem. Thanks.

David Castañeda R.

Re: CXF & Spring Transactions