Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ben Pope <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/17 19:33:13 UTC

JXTemplate vs. XSLT

Hi,

Something I just don't get:

Is it preferable to use the jx template generator to pull details out of
the session, or pass them as parameters to an XSLT?

I'm trying to create some binding files, that need to have a parameter
passed into them, so I started with the basic binding file served from a
pipeline with a parameter passed to an XSLT and then serving then
serialising the pipeline to give the binding file.  I matched the
elements that needed the parameter in the XSLT and provided it there...
I then gave up having the binding split between two files and just
matched / in the XSLT, sticking all the binding info into the stylesheet
and starting with a basically empty binding file.

I figure it might just be easier to use the JX generator and then
serialise to XML?

What are the pros and cons of JX vs. XSLT?

Ben