Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by chenlax <la...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/22 16:36:19 UTC

read message use SimpleConsumer,can not start with assign offset

kafka version is 0.8.0, the code as https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+SimpleConsumer+Example

when i assign a offset ,it will throw java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

        at com.chen.test.consumer.SimpleConsumerClient.getLastOffset(SimpleConsumerClient.java:164)
        at com.chen.test.consumer.SimpleConsumerClient.run(SimpleConsumerClient.java:80)
        at com.chen.test.consumer.SimpleConsumerClient.main(SimpleConsumerClient.java:48)
##EarliestTime : -2 || -1 #### The Start Offset : -2
Error fetching data from the Broker:10.209.22.206 Reason: 1

how can is get the message which is assign offset?

Thanks,
Lax

RE: read message use SimpleConsumer,can not start with assign offset

Posted by chenlax <la...@hotmail.com>.
i just want get message start with assign offse.
in the code ,  requestInfo.put(topicAndPartition, new PartitionOffsetRequestInfo(whichTime, 1));
"whichTime" is a message's offset

Thanks,
Lax

Posted by chenlax <la...@hotmail.com>.
thanks junrao.
it can't use assign offset to get the last offset,my mistake.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chenlax <la...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chenlax <la...@hotmail.com>.