Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by CKReddy Bhimavarapu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/28 08:49:23 UTC

How to boost documents at index time?

I am want to boost docs at index time, I am doing this using boost
parameter in doc field <doc boost="2.0">.
but I can't see direct impact on the  doc by using  debuQuery.

My question is that is there any other way to boost doc at index time and
can see the reflected changes i.e direct impact.

--
ckreddybh. <ch...@gmail.com>

Re: How to boost documents at index time?

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Issue a Jura ticket ?

Did you try debugQuery ?

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile

Posted by CKReddy Bhimavarapu <ch...@gmail.com>.
@Bill Bell

> Did you try debugQuery ?

yes I tried debugQuery, final score calculated is less when I apply
boost="0.002"  in doc field compared to if I left blank but I can't see
where actual this 0.002 is directly impacting( As far as I understand this
is multiplicative so 0.002 technically deboost the doc). I.e I am expecting
some score * 0.002 = new Score.

@Ahmet Arslan

> Did you disable norms ( omitNorms="true" ) accidentally ?

no they are currently enabled omitNorms="false"  for our required fields.